Botany is the study of kingdom Plantae, i.e. Plants and also known as Plant Science. It includes Virus & Bacteria, Fungus, Algae, Bryophytes, Pteridophytes, Gymnosperms, Angiosperms and their Physiology, Biochemistry, Taxonomy, Genetics, Molecular Biology, Breeding, Ecology etc. It is one of the most important and interesting branch of Biological Science.
- The course provides basic knowledge, characteristics and morphology of these groups.
- It gives general idea of classifications of these groups under plant kingdom.
- Students can obtain the knowledge of various physiological and fundamental process and methods of plants and their biochemistry.
- It also provides the general knowledge about molecular aspects and genetics of the plants.
- It also shows information and ideas of ecology and evolution of these vast plant groups
Department at a Glance:
- Sanction Post (Substantive Post): 01
- Present Faculty Members: (Mention only number category wise)
|Associate Professor||Assistant Professor||SACT|
Number of Classrooms: 01
|Name of the Professor||Academic Qualification||Designation||Profile|
|Sri Bipul Sarkar||M.Sc.||Assistant Professor||View|
Certificate Courses (If any, mention chronologically):
- Online Certificate Course on “An Introduction to Population Dynamics” from 28th Sep - 9th Oct, 2020.