- Bengali language is very rich. The evolution of language through the ancient and the medieval ages and its present position has
fully been described in the Bengali language and literature.
- The history Bengali literature given us ideas about the economic, social and political history of Bengal.
- The Bengali literature has given birth to a good number of drama and innumerable poems which are transformed into performing art.
- The course that we teach our undergraduate students not only satisfies these conditions it moreover does not restrict itself
to Indian history alone. To give the students a more complete sense of the past histories both of neighbouring countries and
those of more distant geographic areas are included in the syllabus
- It is thus expected that a student who has successfully completed her undergrad studies with history as a subject of study would
Know the ‘Meaning of History’, a meaning that includes the people of the land as much as the rulers. They would be able to know
their glorious past and would be able to form a logical connection between the present and the past.
- They would therefore, be able explain much of the present social practices and would precisely know the proper context of their
- They learn the difference between Philosophical understanding of East and West about the Man, Society and Nature.
- Developed the logical and reasoning skill (important for the future competitive exam).
- Psychology is a part of Honours Course – they develop their choice for building up career as psychological counselor.
- Familiar with the Body-Mind complexity and existence of Atama or Bramha.
- Comprehend the basic structures and processes of government systems and/or theoretical underpinnings.
- Analyze political problems, arguments, information, and/or theories.
- Apply methods appropriate for accumulating and interpreting data applicable to the discipline of political science.
- The comprehensive syllabus of the department is aimed towards imparting in-depth subjective and objective knowledge of the
discipline to its students.
- The semester structure is practically modelled for timely commencement and completion of the Course so that the outgoing
batches can sit for entrance examinations of higher education degree courses.
- Familiar with the relation between Man and Nature.
- Understand the global crisis on Environment and strategy to control it.
- Became aware about the issues like Sustainable Development and Environmental Sociology.
- Familiar with most updated area of remote sensing, which will open the job opportunity for them.
- Growing or advanced their knowledge on Spatial Statistical Techniques.
- Sensitized them about the cultural, social as well as agricultural aspect of the Geography.
- Physics generates fundamental knowledge needed in today’s technological environment.
- It provides trained personnel required to take advantages of scientific advances.
- Students achieve computational ability.
- Apart from these, a student have bright future in Indian Administrative Services, Banking Services and various State and
Central Government Services where Physics can be chosen as one major subject and in all these fields competence in Physics
- Learning about the histories of geographic areas other than their own would make them better world citizens, with better
understanding of other cultures.
- Going through a rationally planned course of history would also enable them to distinguish between myth and history.
- These being the grand and general outcome, we must not lose sight of the fact that at a more specific and concrete level the
course would also prepare them for academic profession as well as administrative jobs that require some thorough knowledge
of the culture and tradition of the Land
Students pursuing this stream of study are specially equipped with the know-how and training required
to find jobs in industry and heath care sections.
- The basic principles of physical organic and inorganic chemistry are understood by the students.
- Chemical equations representing both inorganic and organic reactions could be framed and understood by the students.
- Chemical formulae of household chemical like naphthalene will be known.
- The main working theory behind industrial process like petroleum industry, fermentation industry plastic and textile industry
along with glass and ceramics will be understood.
- The basic tenets of Environmental chemistry involving Carbon-cycle, Phosphorus cycle and Nitrogen cycle will be understood.
Students who will enroll and complete the course will be benefitted by the following outcomes:
- 1. Students will be enriched academically with the vast knowledge of Zoology.
- 2. Proper hands on knowledge of specimen (Live and preserved) that will boost confidence of the students in lab experience.
- 3. Activities which develop the skills of students. e.g. Preparation of Lab samples, preparation of chemicals and presentation skill
(Online and Offline).
- 4. Experience of field knowledge that will aware them regarding the wildlife, environment and develop identification skills.
- 5. Out of the box approach regarding any topic that will help students to be prepared for any competitive examination that will have
Botany is the study of kingdom Plantae, i.e. Plants and also known as Plant Science. It includes
Microbiology (Virus and Bacteria), Fungus, Algae, Bryophytes, Pteridophytes, Gymnosperms & Angiosperms. It is one of the most
important and interesting branch of science.
- The course provides basic knowledge, characteristics and morphology of these groups.
- It gives general idea of classifications of these groups under plant kingdom.
- Students can obtain the knowledge of various physiological and fundamental process and methods of plants and their biochemistry.
- It also provides the general knowledge about molecular aspects and genetics of the plants.
- It also shows information and ideas of ecology and evolution of these vast plant groups.